Crisp Cash Drop Procedure
Previously, our system only calculated the cash drop based on the day's cash sales, and did not account for how much cash started in your cash drawer. It was necessary to REMOVE the starting cash amount, and then count the remaining cash. If you did not first remove your starting till amount, your cash drop numbers would be off.
After listening to a lot of feedback from customers, we've found and are implementing a more efficient, automated way to perform your cash drops!
Now, you don't need to remove any cash before counting your drawer. You can simply count all the cash together.
Additionally, we've added a "Cash Drop Formula" to the cash drop pages on the POS and backend. This cash drop formula removes any manual calculations you had to do before, and will give you the numbers you need to balance your drawer.
Here are the steps to perform the Cash Drop:
- Enter the cash drop page.
- Rather than removing the starting till amount from the cash in your drawer, simply enter that number in the "Start Till" field.
- Count all the cash in your drawer (including the Start Till amount) and enter those values into the cash drop fields.
- Thanks to the Cash Drop Formula, we can easily see the total amount counted from the cash drawer, and what amount needs to be removed to reset the drawer to the starting amount!
5. Press the "Drop Cash" button to complete the cash drop.
As a reminder, Cash Drop reports are found in the Crisp Dashboard by clicking Stores > Overview > Select a Store. (Don't worry, only employees with the correct permissions are able to access this page).
After completing your cash drops, it will appear here. This is where you can see the values entered by the employee performing the cash drop, as well as whether the count was over or under the expected amount - as compared to the sales data from that day.
...and that's all it takes! We hope you'll enjoy this improved Cash Drop Procedure!