This screen is specific to the staff working in the kitchen preparing order items for the customer.
To access to the KDS:
- Swipe right from the left side of the screen or click the top left menu
- Scroll down the menu to find “Kitchen” then select which KDS screen you need
Order Colors and what they mean:
As orders are received they will appear on the KDS screen with a color that correlates how long the order has been in ‘process’. The colors represent a predetermined timeline decided by management. For example, a black order will indicate that it is new, yellow is past overdue, and red is the most overdue. This will alert an employee to prioritize that order.
- All new orders will appear on the right side of the screen
- You can long press an order item and the list of ingredients will appear, if your store has been configured this way.
- You can clear orders two ways. First, by clicking each order item one at a time and it turns green or second, by selecting “Done” on the bottom of the entire order.
- To the left of each order item will be a number determining how many of that item have been ordered. If the same item has been ordered more than once, a blue “split” button will appear on the order. Clicking “split” will open these items up and list them individually.
- If an order was prepared incorrectly, select the “Recall” button in the top right corner. This screen will show all orders that have been cleared previously. Find the incorrect order and tap “Recall” and it will automatically reappear on the KDS screen.