The Ingenico Link/2500 Bluetooth Credit Card Reader connects wirelessly via Wi-Fi wirelessly process swiped, chip, and contactless credit payments, allowing flexibility to carry the device for line-busting use. After charging the reader’s rechargeable battery, follow these setups for first time setup.
Charge the Link/2500
This mobile card reader operates on battery power and needs to be charged daily. Plug the Link/2500 in to charge before first time use, whenever the battery is running low, and at the end of each day.
- Lift the dust cover on the side of the device, protecting the charging port.
- Insert the USB cable into the charging port.
- Plug the other end of the USB cable into the charger
- Plug the charger into a power outlet
The Link/2500 will automatically turn on when connected to power. Wait 1 - 2 minutes until the device displays the "Welcome" screen.
- The Link/2500 takes about 1.5 hours to fully charge after extensive use.
Mobile Card Reader Setup
1. While on the 'Welcome' Screen, press '0', '0', '0', '1' in quick succession.
2. You should now see this screen: "ADMIN MENU"
3. Press the green button on the 'Communication Type'
4. Use the down arrow to scroll to 'WiFi' and press the green button (this now sets your device to have Wifi settings)
Now press the yellow button to back out of this screen
5. Once back at the main menu, press 'WiFi Parameters' and enable it by pressing the green button
6. Go down to "Scan Networks" and press the green button
7. Find your stores WiFi (CRISP-store ID) for example: CRISP-998 and press the green button
8. Please now enter your stores WiFi, then press the green button to continue. If you are not sure of your stores wifi password message using your support chat feature and we will be happy to provide it for you.
9. Please wait for the WiFi symbol in the top left corner to turn green before proceeding. If you get a white symbol or a yellow symbol you are not connected to the WiFi or have the correct password - please try steps 7-9 again
Once you have a green WiFi symbol, scroll down to 'My Networks' and press the green button
10.Again, select your stores WiFi (CRISP-Store ID) and press the green button
11. Scroll down to 'IP Configuration' and press the green button
12. Press the green button on 'DHCP Activation'
13. Scroll down and press the green button for 'OFF'
Then hit the yellow button to go to the previous screen
14. Please press the green button on 'IP Address' (which takes you to the screen here)
Message in using your support chat and we'll provide an IP address (ex. 192.168.14.63) enter this IP and hit the green button to confirm the numbers.
The yellow button will allow you to delete a mistake. Make sure you are pressing the '#' button for (.) in between the numbers.
15. Once on the previous screen, press the green button on 'Subnet Mask' (which takes you to the screen here)
Please enter the numbers 255.255.255.0
16. Once on the previous screen, press the green button on 'Gateway Address' (which takes you to the screen here)
Please enter the numbers 192.168.14.254
17. Once on the previous screen, press the green button on 'DNS 1 Address' (which takes you to the screen here)
Please enter the numbers 22.214.171.124
18. Once on the previous screen, press the green button on 'DNS 2 Address' (which takes you to the screen here)
Please enter the numbers 126.96.36.199
19. Once on the previous screen, press the yellow button until you see this screen here
Press the green button to save all changes made
20. After saving, the device will go back to the main menu. Press the yellow button again until you see the message found here
Press the green button on 'YES' save and reboot
21. The device might make some weird noises, don't be alarmed, it is rebooting. Please wait 1-3 minutes for the device to finish downloading and rebooting
Once you see the 'Welcome' screen you will be directed by a Crisp employee
22. Once you see the 'Welcome' screen you please gather the IP addresses of any devices you would like to use this payment device with.
Your tablets IP can be found in settings > wifi
Message in using your support chat to let us know the IP addresses and we will link the devices for you.